Dr. Tamara Yacoub Nasereddin
Assistant to the President for Planning and Development
Mission and Responsibilities
The Assistant to the President for Planning and Development undertakes essential diverse roles and responsibilities in the university. The main role of the Assistant is to suggest policies and strategies that lead to development in various university units. It also extends to participation in setting the university vision and mission, and the implementation of this vision for excellence and innovation through strategic planning, and assuring cooperation among various university units, in addition to the local, regional and global levels.
The Position is now held by Dr. Tamara Yacoub Nassereddin, a faculty member in the Faculty of Law.
The vision of this position is to increase awareness of the employees about their valued roles in developing a good reputation of the university among other universities, by attracting distinguished and efficient employees, improving their skills, and creating an appropriate environment for research, in order to provide highly qualified graduates with academic and liflong skills.
1. Developing the administrative and the academic human resources, and work on quality assurance in all procedures.
2. Developing means to attract more students.
3. Supplying the labor market with highly qualified graduates.
4. Putting a strategic market plan to attract maximum number of students.
5. Developing communications with local, regional and international academic institutions to exchange information, experiences and studies, in order to get benefit from their consultancies.
6. Preparing field studies that improve teaching methods and techniques.