Middle East University | Assistant To The President | Dr. Tamara Yacoub Nasereddin
Assistant to the President for Plaing and Development
Mission and Responsibilities
The Assistant to the President for Plaing and Development undertakes essential diverse roles and responsibilities in the university. The main role of the Assistant is to suggest policies and strategies that lead to development in various university units. It also extends to participation in setting the university vision and mission, and the implementation of this vision for excellence and iovation through strategic plaing, and assuring cooperation among various university units, in addition to the local, regional and global levels.
The Position is now (2016-2017) held by Dr. Tamaara Yacoub Nassereddin, a faculty member in the Faculty of Law.
The vision of this position is to increase awareness of the employees about their valued roles in developing a good reputation of the university among other universities by attracting distinguished and efficient employees, improving their skills, and creating an appropriate environment for research. This will subsequently lead to training highly qualified graduates with academic and lifelong skills.
1. Developing the administrative and academic human resources, and working on quality assurance in all procedures and university wide aspects.
2. Developing the appropriate means to attract more students.
3. Supplying the labor market with highly qualified graduates.
4. Putting a strategic market-plan to attract optimum number of students.
5. Initiating and maintaining engaging contacts with local, regional, and international academic institutions to exchange information, experiences, and studies for the benefit of the parties concerned..
6. Preparing field studies that improve teaching methods and techniques.
The Middle East University was founded in 2005 as a Graduate Studies University with twelve specializations. Towards the beginning of the academic year 2008-2009 the university opened twenty specializations for both Graduate and Undergraduate students with the ongoing growth in staff and students.