A serious and committed university, seeking to learn
Preparing leaders through creating an environment that stimulates learning, research, and community services
1. Excellence in academic research and education for the acquisition of a respectable international status
2. Recruiting remarkable and knowledgeable members of administrative and teaching staff
3. Admitting talented and distinguished students from different cultures
4. Setting up and developing academic programs so as to keep pace with modern developments in line with the requirements of the job market
5. Enhancing student quality-skills including the vocational and intellectual ones
6. Encouraging pioneering projects in order to help in invigorating the welfare of society
7. Establishing communication links inside and outside the University.
8. Uplifting the educational and learning processes in harmony with developments in science and technology
The Middle East University was founded in 2005 as a Graduate Studies University with twelve specializations. Towards the beginning of the academic year 2008-2009 the university opened twenty specializations for both Graduate and Undergraduate students with the ongoing growth in staff and students.